BlackBerry was perhaps the precursor of all other smartphones, at least in the personal range as it has never done as well as in the business world. Its breakthrough in the field of push e-mail technology coupled with a robust and secure software suite make it a particularly good choice for business people on the go.
A couple of years ago mobile trading platforms were severely limited but the leap in technology has made it possible to deliver much of the functionality that traditionally was tied to a desktop PC. Most blackberry handsets today come with a QWERTY keyboard which greatly enhances usability and makes for much faster typing speeds that are thought to be better than those mobile devices that only come with touch screens. Blackberry maker has somewhat a more limited range of smartphones than its counterparts but still makes for a very valid platform.
City Index has in particular developed a spread betting application specially for the BlackBerry which allows you to deal in over 12,000 markets:
- Place trades on the move
- View your trading activity at a glance
- Identify trading opportunities using streaming charts with technical indicators
- Instantly check the latest prices and market movements
- Usual range of order types available including the ability to place and amend orders, setting of stops and limit order and full or partial closures of trades.
Other important features of the latest upgraded City Index BlackBerry Trading Platform OS 6 include:
- Watchlists: Easily monitor the markets you have a special interest in, view multiple Watchlists, etc.
- Orders: Full range of order types now available, set opening orders ‘on the go’, etc.
- Positions Charts: Check how your spread betting positions are faring, plus streaming, real time updates of each P&L, etc.
- Full charting package with customisable technical indicators.
- Account Summary: View your trading activity at a glance, cash balance, margin, etc
In any case with the present volatile market conditions it pays to keep a watchful eye on your portfolio and for most of us with a day-time job the most practical way of doing this is via an app on our iPhone or Blackberry. Such devices make it a breeze to check the latest prices and keeping track of market movements – in much the same way as you normally do online and more importantly with a Blackberry you can do so wherever you are, whenever you want…